Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not so Bloggy

So I haven't posted much in the last month. I (along with almost everyone else I know) have had a very bad cold. Much whining was heard.

Knitting action was curtailed, although I did manage to knock out one small brown hat with ears and a pair of pink legwarmers. (The pink legwarmers are for a child...although having watched some ballet dancers outside the other day, I can see why grownups might like them).

I am enjoying having the Olympics in town. I didn't get any tickets to events and will probably not do so, but I have wandered around looking at pavilions.

Russia House had a very long line, so we did not go in. There were dancers and singers in what I presume were Russian costumes out front, though.

House of Switzerland was a restaurant. Not too pricey, and mmmm...cheese fondue. It was very good. The line was very long, and while we (husband and I) were waiting, they offered people espresso and chocolates. I ate both of our chocolates, heehee.

Other than that, I have only actually been inside the Coke advertisement (lots of kid friendly activities plus a free bottle of coke), the Panasonic advertisement (meh), and Casa Italia (free cheese!)

My friend and I went downtown a couple of times and basically stood in random lineups. This snagged us free coffee (Starbucks Via), free gum (Excel), free Cheerios and a t-shirt, some pins, and a lip balm (Vitamin Water's vitaminschtick). It was fun to look at things.

I am definitely going to go to more of the pavilions. It's just hard because the lineups are so long...

No comments:

Post a Comment