Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trying new things

So I've been sick with a cold for the past week, and have had very little energy for anything. I've been knitting a pair of legwarmers. Legwarmers, while cute and oh so 80s, are incredibly dull knitting.

So I thought I should try some different things around here. I'm kind of in a rut where I knit the same things, bake the same things, etc.

Yesterday was the great scone experiment. I followed this recipe (using cranberries instead of currants)... and the scones came out tasting pretty good, but rather funny looking. My taste tester said they were good, so I guess it's a partial success. (He also made several comments involving Koom Valley, so maybe he was just being nice?)

Today I'm going to try this. I did enter the giveaway, but I'm going to try making my own. I like the idea of making my own material out of plastic bags. I wonder if those vegetable bags you get from the grocery store will work, or if it has to be the thicker kind? I'm going to start with regular bags because experimenting too much might lead to disappointment. I can experiment with different materials once I've tried it a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment